Senior Planner – Engineering & Construction
About the role
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner to join team to work on a prestigious project.
Under the supervision of the Project Lead, Bid Manager or Planning Manager, to be responsible for implementing the requirements of the tender and / or project planning procedures, ensuring compliance with the business management system and for some aspects of team management, as and when required
To establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, project team, partners and bid teams.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Planner you will be:
– Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance
– Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements
– Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme
– Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agreeing working hours with appropriate Estimator
– Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning
– Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports
– Producing the Tender Programme and supporting information in accordance with the tender requirements
– Developing overall programmes, issue to all parties for review and implement
recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable
– Reconciling company and sub-contract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary – Interfacing with third parties to identify and resolve issues
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
– Substantial experience of planning services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry
– Good experience in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets
– Good understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications
– Good understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring
– Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming
– Good understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement
– Good understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
– Relevant CSCS Card
– Generous salary and freedom to shape the package that’s right for you.
– You’ll be involved in a variety of exciting projects and work alongside some of the uk’s most talented bid and work winning professionals
– Develop your career and have a real say about the direction your career takes.
For a full job specification and a confidential discussion, please call Ronnie Harris on 07825613814.
You can also register your interest on our website.
Please note that we never send CV’s out without your prior consent.
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
“We Deliver Excellence & Set Market Standards”