On behalf of our client we’re recruiting a professional and reliable Fabrication Department Foreman / Foreperson in Edinburgh.
As Foreman, you’ll liaise closely with management and be responsible for ensuring that employees carry out their duties correctly and to the requirements of specific contracts.
In your role as Foreman you’ll work in partnership with your shop floor colleagues and take instruction from your line manager, always adhering to safe working practices.
Responsibilities of the Fabrication Department Foreman include:
· Follow verbal and written instructions
· Adhere to company safe working practices at all times
· The Foreman will work both as part of a team and unsupervised in a safe and trustworthy manner
· Complete paperwork in a timely manner (e.g. time sheets, job card sign-offs)
· Operate machinery and plant, including hand tools, power tools and forklift truck (No licence required, In house certification)
· Fabricate and weld to a high standard of quality in a timely manner
· Read and understand drawings
· You’ll be an experienced Foreman who is able to effectively lead a team.
· Maintain and expand your knowledge of fabrication and welding
· Follow company weld procedures and achieve relevant welder qualifications.
· Be able to solve problems with limited or no input from your line manager
· Plan work effectively and supervise the fabrication and welding of others
· Ensure colleagues are gainfully employed
· Ensure colleagues carry out work safely, correctly and in a timely manner
· Review progress of contracts and ensure shop & site times are adhered to
· Prioritise work to meet deadlines
· Hold a current CSCS card and SSTS certificate or equivalent
· Identify training requirements of colleagues
· Be able to assist with estimating as directed
· The Foreman should also be able to assist with the control and maintenance of plant & machinery
· Metal fabrication foreman experience is required for this role.
Monday – Thursday 7am – 3:30pm
Friday 7am – 2:30pm
Salary: £14.25-£14.50 per hour
Interested in applying for the role of Foreman? Please register your CV at www.blueprint-recruitment.co.uk for consideration
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
This position may be one of numerous opportunities we are handling that you could have an interest in pursuing. If you have not been in touch with us before please call us on 01592 631644 or email your contact and we will make sure the most relevant consultant gets back to you as soon as possible.
Please note that we never send CV’s out without your prior consent.