New job just advertised for a Road Services Technician / Engineer, to join our client in the Edinburgh area.
This is a senior position for a minimum 6 month contract which has the potential to go permanent. Salary negotiable DOE + paid holidays + pension and flexible hybrid remote working options.
About your new role:
As Consultant Engineer you will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of duties associated with the design, management and maintenance of the public road and footway network covering the South of Edinburgh.
You’ll report to the Network & Structures Manager and be responsible for supervising and allocating duties to a Roads Inspector and other Service members. Main duties of the Senior Consultant Engineer include:
– Service delivery to current legislation and Codes of Practice
– Preparation, design and implementation of road works covering minor road improvements, maintenance and defect repairs, drainage and traffic management
– Ensure inspection, assessment and maintenance of public roads, cycleways and car parks
– Raise relevant Work Orders, prepare tenders and work specifications for works to be undertaken by external contractors.
– Prepare cost estimates for road works against available budgets, and measure and certify completed works.
– Be familiar with and make use of the Scottish Road Works Register
– Agree requirements for temporary traffic management issue appropriate Traffic Regulation Orders
– Ensure all works is undertaken in compliance with statutory requirements and current legislation.
Our client is seeking a Senior Consultant Engineer of Road Services who can work with minimal supervision and able to communicate and interact with a variety of groups and stakeholders. Ideally you will have the following (or similar) experience and qualifications:
– Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
– Chartered Engineer status, with previous experience in Highway design, road maintenance, asset management and traffic management
– Knowledge of relevant legislation including Acts, Codes of Practice and the requirements of the Office of the Scottish Road Works Commissioner
– Experience supporting delivery of small to medium sized capital works projects, routine road maintenance works and defect repairs
*Please note this is a direct PAYE Contract: Pay + holidays + pension. Not Umbrella or CIS – NO payroll fees*
Interested? Please apply direct via this advert or call John McBain on 01592 631644.
You can also register your interest by sharing your cv on our website, it only takes one click.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Not for you? We’re recruiting for various positions with marketing leading organisations, register your cv for the latest job alerts.
Please note that we never send CV’s out without your prior consent.
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
“Blueprint Recruitment deliver excellence & set market standards.”