About the role
We’re recruiting a Design For Manufacture & Assembly Project Manager to join our clients M&E team. The DFMA Project Manager can be based anywhere in the UK.
As Project Manager you will lead, manage and successfully deliver Multiple DFMA projects within the business. You’ll manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
As a DFMA Project manager your main responsibilities include:
– Lead the DFMA project team and manage the supply chain to deliver DFMA projects to time, cost and quality targets and standards;
– Produce DFMA Strategy incorporating the module types size and weights to enable estimating, structural analysis specialist and CAD to accurately price the DFMA solution and projects to incorporate into their logistics strategy;
– Produce an agreed mechanical/electrical material specification for each project
– The DFMA Project Manager will ensure all information is given/available to enable DFMA CAD to produce drawings to agreed programme for manufacture;
– Manage/Ensure that structural analysis and lifting plans are priced and completed on the agreed selected modules;
– Review modular drawings to ensure all information on drawings is correct and there is adequate information on the drawings for manufacture;
– Give modular design solution as required;
– Liaise with Project Team, Specialist lifting and Manufacturing to ensure one-time delivery and safe installation;
– Manage/Ensure Inspection and signoff of manufactured modules to ensure module are built to high standard with all testing and procedures followed.
– As DFMA Project Manager it is vital to ensure safety targets and standards are maintained;
– Ensure sustainability targets and standards are achieved;
– Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets;
– Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project;
– The DFMA Project Manager will proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships;
– Assist in procuring work by maintaining and developing industry contacts and liaising with Business Development;
– Monitor and approve cost targets and financial forecasts to maximise profitability;
– Ensure external consultants (e.g., design) are rigorously managed to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives;
– Ensure defects and any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed;
– Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e., the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model;
– Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management
– Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
– Utilise BIM, where appropriate, and the supporting digital tool set to drive optimisation, safety and performance improvement throughout the whole project lifecycle;
– The DFMA Project Manager will also ensure that labour and materials are efficiently managed, where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget;
The following experience/qualifications are required:
– Significant previous experience in DFMA project management, in particular managing complex jobs, within the relevant industry;
– Significant previous experience of Modular installation methods;
– The ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
– Strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required;
– Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance;
– An appropriate and valid CSCS card.
The following experience/qualifications are desirable:
– A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification;
– Desirable for the DFMA Project Manager to have experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training.
About your new employer
They deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, their teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
They value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that an inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Our client is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help them build on their inclusive culture. They’re a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers’ Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Please note that we never send CV’s out without your prior consent.
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Blueprint Recruitment deliver excellence & set market standards.