New job for a Maintenance Technician to join our clients facilities management team in Edinburgh.
Our client supports public sector facilities in Edinburgh, they’re keen to recruit enthusiastic and energetic maintenance technicians who will create a great experience for their customers.
As Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for ensuring preventative maintenance checks are completed in accordance with relevant legislation for a range of assets across the estate, ensuring a safe environment for staff and customers and act as the subject matter expert on emergency lighting and portable appliance testing.
Key responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician include:
– Complete inspection and testing on a range of assets (e.g. emergency lighting systems and hearing loops) in accordance with relevant legislation
– Support Electricians with the completion of preventative maintenance activities in particular Portable Appliance Testing.
– Liaise with Venue Managers/Staff to ensure required works are planned accordingly to minimise any disruption in service to customers.
– Ensure all service records and completion certificates are uploaded to the CAFM system a
– Act as the subject matter expert on emergency lighting and portable appliance testing.
– The Maintenance Technician will work autonomously to repair faults in accordance with relevant
building regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
– Liaise with the Helpdesk Manager and Helpdesk Officer to ensure understanding of the job assigned via the CAFM system, agreed service level and arranging site access.
Health & Safety
– Ensure all necessary risk assessments and method statements for are completed for each job.
– Ensure all work is completed in accordance with operational procedures, safe working practices, Health and Safety procedures and relevant legislation.
– The Maintenance Technician must have a formal City and Guilds training in Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
– Have good experience of electrical testing and knowledge of current legislation
– You’ll be motiovated, energetic and passionate about delivering a customer focussed and safe service.
Reasonable salary and paid overtime, but the rewards are not just financial, there is a short working week, excellent holiday entitlement, great benefits including free & discounted Gym activities.
Direct PAYE Contracts: pay + holidays + pension. Not Umbrella or CIS – NO payroll fees*
Please note that we never send CV’s out without your prior consent.
Blueprint Recruitment Limited offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
“Blueprint Recruitment deliver excellence & set market standards.”